SARA Discuss firstname.lastname@example.org
The SARA Discussion mailing list is a general purpose mailing list open to all licensed radio amateurs and unlicensed people looking to become involved in amateur radio.
The list is open to all members to post to the group. The SARA Discussion mailing list is appropriate for the following types of topics:
- Technical discussions on amateur radio and radio-related topics such as equipment, antennas, operating issues, problems, repeater operations, and experimental electronics
- General discussions on amateur radio operations including contesting, DX, ARES, special event stations, emergency communications, etc
- Discussion on topics of interest to the amateur radio community such as FCC business (as it relates to Part 97 rules only), ARRL business, IARU business, etc
- Computer-related topics insofar as they relate at least tangentially to amateur radio such as logging software, Allstar, Echolink, etc
- Posts about topics related to amateur radio, electronics, computers, or technology that relates to or is of interest to amateur radio communications and operators
Language and content of this mailing list should be kept at a family-friend “PG” level. The following topics are prohibited and may result in removal from the list:
- Posting of any inappropriate, malicious, illegal, etc. content.
- Politics of any sort except for 1) any discussions about FCC policy/rulemaking as it relates to Part 97 rules or 2) Political topics directly relating to amateur radio (e.g. discussions on the Amateur Radio Parity Act in Congress would be acceptable) or 3) Discussion on the politics and business aspects of the ARRL or the IARU.
- Posts about topics not related to amateur radio, electronics, computers, or technology that relates to or is of interest to amateur radio communications and operators
The above lists of appropriate and inappropriate content types are only guidelines and the moderators of the list reserve the right to remove any member of the list for any reason.
Due to the sad state of e-mail affairs on the Internet, in some instances posts to the mailing list may be going to spam. Depending on your e-mail service/client, you may need to do one or more of the following to keep it out of junk/spam:
- Trust mail sent from email@example.com
- Trust mail sent from the domain w8wky.org
- Trust all mail sent firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the list owners, use the following email address: email@example.com
Subscription / Unsubscription
To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list, please log in first. If you have not previously logged in, you may need to set up an account with the appropriate email address.
You can also subscribe without creating an account. If you wish to do so, please use the form below.